Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back in Action

Christmas/New Years was wonderfull. I got to play the part of Santa Claus, doing gift deliveries on christmas eve to houses of kids who had lost a parent in the past year. I worked from 11pm-6am...kind of reminded me of my stagehand days. Then, I took a nap and drove to Charlotte, where I slept on a wonderfully quiet couch. Later in the week I attemped to volunteer at a homeless center, but was happy to find out that in most cases they had too many volunteers already. I also gave platelets, the first time I have been able to give blood since getting my tattoo last christmas. Platelets take about two hours to give, so not many people give them. I of course had a lot of time, with not a lot to do. The rest of the week and a half I was in Charlotte I mainly just slept on the couch. I did nothing and it was everything I hoped it could be. New Years Eve was quiet. I wandered around uptown a little. I wore my AmeriCorps jacket, and a bunch of people thought I was a security guard or police officer. New Years Day was Jerrod's b-day, so a keg was purchased and their was much merriment. The week of partying was only two days for me, then it was back to AmeriCorps. Man, those two days were a lot of fun though (see picture walls). Training here in Charleston is almost over, and soon we will be burning the forest!!! YAY!!! FOREST FIRES!!!...well not yay for the crazy ones but yay for the good ones.

Thanks much to Chris, Jerrod, Bryan, Josh, and Ryan for allowing me to inhabit the weight room. Much love.

be great
--DAlen

No comments: