Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Its been too long...

My apologies. It has been a long time since I last wrote. This can be blamed on...

1) the two weeks of non-stop racing action at Lowes Motor Speedway- I got a job at their resteraunt, so I worked really long days for the last weeks of May. On the brightside, I made tons more money than I originally expected (picture me wearing a tie made out of hundred dollar bills)

2) the one week on the AT- well, it was actually more like a few days. I was trying to connect with a friend who is hiking...she has been going since March and plans to hike the whole thing, ending up in Maine in September. We say a giant timber rattlesnake right on the trail. I have never seen one so, I was especially excited (I wanted to catch it, but the logical female in our party kept us safe...BORRRING). The 2nd day, I almost stepped on another rattler while picking "toilet paper." We also survived a huge thunderstorm, which was pretty cool.

3) the interspersed days of doing graduate research- I am walking in streams. Its hot work and gets a little miserable when my waders leak...which is almost always. There are lots of snakes and critters around too. I am also not completely sure that what I am doing is correct, but I am going to keep doing it (as my advisor suggested) until she gets back in July.

4) filling in any remaining time with Muah Thai and Jiu-Jitsu- I might try and compete in the NAGA Charlotte event next month. My class would be beginner and weight class will ideally be 139.9 lbs. We'll see.

Otherwise...nothing new. Living on the trucker friend's living room floor. He has a pseudo-girlfriend now....which is crazy weird. I didnt think he liked girls...not that he is gay, he seems to dislike everyone equally.

No comments: