Sunday, June 09, 2013

Summer lovin'

Its already over a week into June!  Holy cow does time fly.  In just 14 days, it will be a month until I again see my lovely fiancey (a less pretentious version of the classic term fiance).  As I was talking to her on the phone last night, she reminded me that I have strayed from the "schedule."  According to our regularly recurring activities (phone calls, journals, and blogging), I had missed my blog post for the week.  She of course didn't miss hers.  Which, since the whole "lets schedule things so that time will fly faster and I can plan my life a little better too" idea was mine, it was important i get to it.  So, here we go...

1) Hannah wrote a new blog post.  read it here:  http://hannahmraines.wordpress.com/2013/06/07/the-hottest-summer-that-ever-was/   Its hot there apparently.



2) My green beans are coming in and they are giant!  I've always dreamed of growing my own food.  Last year I grew approximately 3 tomatoes to eat.  This year though...things are going well.  I got beans!  The size of my hands!  Big enough to kill a small kid!  Big enough to use as flotation devices in the event you find yourself in the ocean with nothing to help you...except my green beans!


3) the remodelling is coming along...sort of.  My contractor keeps forgetting to call me.  today I am looking into getting another one.  At this point it is really annoying me.  Things were supposed to get done the last week in May.  As time creeps on, I keep diving further into the project myself.  I'm worried about getting to a point that I don't really know what I am doing though.  So far though, I have removed a bunch of walls and moved a doorway over and made the opening wider.  I moved the panelling successfully too, so that was a big win in my head.  


4) In other fun house news, I secured some large rocks.  Ben and Rene helped me move them yesterday.  Now, I gotta figure out what to do with them.  Any thoughts?  My first idea was to build a mini stone henge.  


 5) My friend Conor came by this week.  He was headed to a big event and was super underdressed. So, I let him borrow my clothes.  This is apparently how I look when I am dressed up.  Kind of surreal to see yourself in... errrr, to see someone else in your clothes.  


6) My week ended up with a visit to the Men's Shelter to cook with Holy Comforter.  This is pretty much an exercise in loving people.  I go there because I love the people I work with there and I love the idea of loving those who need it by prepping food for Men who have seen better days.  Love yourself, love the people close to you, and love those you don't know.  I think that's in a book somewhere.  Cant remember the name of it though.  Some important book.  hmmm,  it'll come to me.  



No comments: