Friday, September 23, 2005

Its FRIDAY!!!!

YAY!!! This is the first full weekend we will have off since we started. It seems like its been so long, but really its only been 10 days. Good news...I am going to be one of 3 people on my team to do chainsaw work. Next week I will receive a 2 day training all about chainsaws. I think this also means that next time most of you see me my shoulders will be huge! Today we had our first official debrief with the director and other higher ups about our 3-day project we just finished. We worked at a horse farm doing trail work to clear the way for trail riders. It reminded me of my childhood...all the fun times and all the really hard labor days.

Tonight I will most likely end up at the beach. I don't really want to spend any money seeing as I am not making much, so the beach is probably the best option. I keep making the joke that I am making 13 dollars and hour, and the only reason I joined AmeriCorps was for the money. That's funny because really I only make 12.97 PER DAY! oh, but I do get to eat as much food as I want at every meal and live in a free dorm and go to the beach whenever I can convince people that its the coolest place to be. Going to play some frisbee golf tomorrow morning to.

I hope everyone out there in the real world is doing well. Love you, --DAlen (be great)

No comments: