Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Been a while...still training

Well, its been a while since I posted here. not too much has changed. we are still in the process of training. maybe i am missing something, but it seems some of our training is repetitive. today we heard our second 1 hour talk about our health insurance. it doesnt cover prexisting conditions, and if we do go to a doctor we need to bring our 5 dollar co pay and our insurance card...which has a tendancy to rub off in high rubbage wallets but a new one can be gotten from the insurance company...which doesnt cover preexisting emergencies, but requires a 5 dollar co pay and insurance card in case your face rubs off...or something like that.

Last weekend I went to Savannah for an individual service project. We worked at a place called Oatland Island Education Center. http://www.oatlandisland.org/ We mainly just did trail maintenance, but we also got to pet some wolves that had been hand raised. It was also neat to see the house cats hunting and eating the massive cockroahces that they have here. They call them palmetto bugs to make sound more favorably...but really they are just HUGE cockroaches. Talking people size here...and they always use the kitchen without washing their dishes. its like having extra roomates. got a chance to go to the beach in GA as well, where the waves were big as a result of a storm. apparently they were even bigger here in SC.

Today we have unit day, where all the blue teams will get together and compete in some manner. I know we are going to the beach in the afternoon, so thats good. This is all after we get our team pictures taken.

Last night I watched 3 hours of Ultimate Fighting Championship on TV. I really think that I would be okay sitting in a cubicle doing engineering as long as at night I was able to do something like that, or train for it at least. Wont have to make that decision for 9 months though.

We dont know where our first project is going to be yet. All my teammates are mad that our leader wont tell us. I dont think it makes much difference so it doesnt bother me, and I have kind of joined in with him and I tell them that I know where we are going.

Somehow I got sick over the weekend, but i got it pretty well dialed in and should be back to fully operational by tonight. I am able to get sick and better now in 24-48 hours.

Merry Super Advance Christmas, --DAlen

No comments: