Thursday, October 06, 2005

Finally we got our assigment....

Well, after a small scavenger hunt and much anticipation...we found out that we dont know yet where we are going. What we do know is that we will be doing DR (Disaster Relief) either in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, or Jackson, MS. We just finished our DR training, so that is good and I am excited. Its going to be a changing experience, extremely mentally and physically draining. We will only be doing that for a month, because that is the max allowable time the Red Cross will let people work. Apparently, after a month people start to lose it and no longer can perform their functions in assisting disaster victims. We get sent out in a couple weeks. First we go to Georgia for firefighting training. Superstoked about that too...

Well, the ropes course got cancelled, so we will be doing some indoor stuff in the morning, but otherwise tommorrow should be a relaxed day. Going to rest and relax.

Tommorrow morning is going to be a dry run of our pack test for firefighting. 45 minutes to hike 3 miles with 45 lbs. Of course it will be a very wet, dry run if it keeps raining like it has been. Think I will be able to do it though. I am getting in real good shape.

I have met the girl of my dreams...the problem is that my dreams keep changing, and some nights i have more than one dream. I have superdeep spiritual conversations with one girl, secretly lust after another, and have been trying to go out with another who is wanting to hang out but because of random problems our engagment always falls through. And then there are the great girls on my team that I will be spending 9 months with, who i will no doubt become very close to.

I got some guy friends to...and we may be crouching altogether in the end trying to preserve our masculinity in this sea of women.

Please leave comments so i know people are reading this. leave questions to. seriosuly, ask me anything!

No comments: