Thursday, June 01, 2006

Its dang hot!

Here we are in Louisiana, home sweet Louisiana...and dang its HOT! Actually, its just really humid, but at times is just feels really hot. Maybe I forgot about it, or maybe all my teammates ranting has gotten to me.

We are working on mold remediation and treatment of houses. First, we go in and rip everything out...well, hopefully not everything. Today I broke a pipe and we had ourselves a little indoor thunderstorm. But, almost everything gets taken out. then we started to scrub the walls with wire brushes. Tommorrow, we will spray termite stuff all throughout the house and eventually paint it with some special primer called Kilz.

27 days until AmeriCorps is over! 14 days left until this project is over. 27 days until i become homeless, jobless, and uninsured. To the couch batman! July 4th the part house becomes no more. Anyone want to buy a Kawasaki 550 jetski? Anyone selling a jetski trailer?

I just started reading a book about smokejumping...I could see myself doing that in 5 years. Only gotta work half the year to. I dont know if they provide health insurance though. Definately gotta have health insurance. Apparently, jumping out of a plain into forest fire is a little...whats the word? DANGEROUS!

Times up on the public computer. Gotta run. Love y'all.

--Steve

No comments: