Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ever been "that guy?"

I got a chance to go surfing last weekend...and it worked out really well. the waves were small, but shapely and wide, so the learning capability was great. I caught a few, fell off the front of a bunch, and even paddled over to where the surfers arent allowed and got airhorned at by the lifeguard. All in all, a great day. I will probably go back this weekend. An interesting thing happened to me while I was there though. I saw a large sea animal of sorts swimming near me. It didnt come to the surface to breath, but I could see some fin stuff breaking the water surface. I kept my eye on it. It eventually swam over near some people, who didnt notice, but then did, and immediately got out of the water and told the people near them to do the same. Shark? quite possibly. a little annoying to because I missed some waves while i was waiting to see where it would go.

Have you ever been driving down the road and you look over and see a guy driving a small tractor? You think to yourself how funny it is that he is driving a tractor on the side of the rd. Its not as though he is using it like a car, he is just moving it. There is always "that guy" with his tractor on the regular rd. Now, have you ever looked over, and up a little, to see a guy driving in his mammoth tractor? I'm talking the big kind with a steal cage you could wrestle another person in. The kind of tractor that almost goes fast enough to get to the speed limit in most school zones. Ever seen "that other guy," driving the giant tractor? That was me today, as I think I spent close to an hour just driving a tractor from point A to point B, alot of which happened to be on a big road. It was funny to me to think about it as I did it. Thats all you really can do on those things is sit there and think. It was a good respite from constantly burning. Plus, it was apparently 105 degrees today!

stay cool in the heat wave.

--DAlen
PS I heart my secret buddy and peanut trail mix...probably send some fresh mangoes your way along with my backstock of buddy gifts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dalen,
Well, right now I'm in ohio. I don't really get to use the internet all that often. I usually wait until I get home. My email address is sirrondennis@carolina.rr.com. I should be back home on august 5. Been gone for a month now. When do you get back to civilazation? We should get together. I was in Florida a few weeks ago but I dont remember seeing any dalens running around on big tractors. I'll write again during my time-at-home. I expect to here from you then.

In solidarity and defiance,
Justin B. VanAtta