Tuesday, August 01, 2006

is it hot in this fire or is it just me?

Life is still good down here. Yesterday and today we burned some units right here in our own backyard. It beats the heck out of travelling somewhere else to burn. i had a case of the mondays, which in this line of work and location translates to a little open flame induced semi-heat exhaustion.

I lit an edge of palmetto scrub yesterday...saw some 50 ft flames torching trees (unfortunetly). Then I ran out of fuel, and the only source of more torch mix was across the lake. so, myself and my roomate Parker decided to meet up, and each of us waded into the lake. luckily it was only about 2.5 ft deep. Of course, it was marshy, so we were both waiting for an alligator to come say hi. i actually was excited about getting my feet wet, hoping they would cool off, but it was really more like wading into a bath tub with leather boots on (kids, try this at home).

Anyway, I got pictures, and most of you will probably be forced to look at them next time I have been drinking and we are partying at my place.

Deep thought of the day:
What would your life be like if you decided not to be bothered by things? What if, say every month, you could concentrate and endure a discomfort, so much to the fact that it no longer became bothersome? This would mean that you could overcome 12 new pain-in-the-rear experiences every year! The current one I am working on is gnats. I am on the verge. As long as they dont actually get in my eye or in my lungs, i can take them buzzing around my ears. they start to sound like music after a while.

Next update: are the tractor brakes working yet? who knows? maybe it needs a new master cylinder? or maybe i get frustrated and lite it on fire. Stay tuned!

--LEroi

No comments: