Friday, April 13, 2007

Bruises

I woke up this morning and the first thing i noticed was the pain in my left wrist. Maybe I didnt wrap it correctly last night, or maybe I was just hitting to hard, or maybe i got kicked in it. I dont know. All I know is it hurts. then, I noticed the bruise right on my xyphoid. i didnt think you could get bruises where there isnt flesh...new experience to prove my wrong. There was a general aching everywhere to. So, it got me thinking...

Maybe I dont want to be an MMA fighter. I find there is doubt in my head. The aching from the Muay Thai and Jui-Jitsu is just bothersome and uncomfortable. I think the doubt it probably a normal part of it though, just as doubt exists whenever you train hard for anything. But, I dont feel like I am really training hard. Maybe the distance I travel to statesville is just getting to me. Maybe its the feeling that I have so so much further to go if I do really want to compete. Maybe its the doubt that once I get there, I will find it was all an unrealistic dream anyway because of my leg issue.

Maybe I am already too old to start. Who knows.

Maybe I am seeking validation as a man, while wanting so desperately to experince real, intense, character building competition. One on one. The better man right now wins.

--DAlen

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hey, buddy. Let me help you. You don't want to be an MMA fighter. There are ways to give yourself a challenge that don't include damaging yourself. Just my opinion. Just live the easy life, like I am!