Friday, April 27, 2007

My first rose!

The other day my first rose bloomed. It sort of happened over night to. I have been watching the plant, as it sent out its first stalk, but there were no buds yet. Then, Voila! Not only has it produced a bloom, it has also created 3-5 more buds, so it will be a vibrant bush of red soon enough.

the same day that it bloomed, I got rid of one of my bicycles. I'll consider it a cosmic karma reward. Since I had 3 bicycles (a road bike, a mountain bike, and a bmx bike), I decided to part ways with one of them. I have never really ridden the BMX bike regularly, so it had to go. I donated it to a re-cyclery (yes, what an incredible play with words). The program requires kids to spend a certain number of session learning about bike maintenance, and then upon completion they get a bike of their own. More info here (http://bikecharlotte.com/index.asp?page=12) I also gave them my helmet (I need to get one more geared towards mountain biking), some old pedals off the road bike, and some cables i had for the BMX bike. now, I can fit all my bikes (2) on top of my car when i move in August.

The question is where will I put the rose bush?

No comments: