Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Innaugerations and Bowling

for some reason, the posts are not ordered by their post date, but rather the date you started them. so, make sure to go back and check out the post titled "whats hanging from your rear view mirror?"

So, last night, Nicole called me...at 3 am! We talked for over an hour. It was kind of surreal, but it was a good conversation. She is still sort of spinning her wheels. She cried on the phone. Nothing is worse than having a girl you love cry on the phone, somewhere too far away for you to get to. You cant do anything about it. In my case, even if I was there, I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. My hands are tied...as they were in our relationship. I cant drive her car for her. Wish I could.

Maybe its the jaded intellectual in me, but it is starting to annoy more and more as people keep referring to Obama as "making history." By shear definition, EVERYTHING that happens in the present becomes history immediately after. I understand that it is a big deal to have a non-white president. Yes, civil rights have come so very far. It just seems to me the more people harp on his race, the more important his race becomes. You know damn well that the first time he makes some kind of decision that is potentially harmful to black people, there is going to be some kind of outcry, saying that he is betraying "his people." Everyone in America is "his people" dammit, whether or not we share the same skin color. Voicing any opinion that does anything but group the people in this country as a whole, as Americans, is counter productive for racial equality. For example: listing some kind of foreign continent in front of the word "American" to describe someones race. Nobody calls me European American. They call me white, but in actuality, they shouldn't be calling me anything. Creating the divisions in order to further equality of them prevents it from ever truly happening.

On a less rant-itive note...
I found the perfect partner to bowl with. Those of you who know me, know that I can be at times a little impatient. So, waiting for people to bowl when it is their turn, really just gets under my skin. I found someone who is always ready, bowls quickly, and then waits briefly while I bowl, and then is ready to go again. When I went bowling last week, we bowled 5 games over the course of 45 minutes. Yes, that's right 5 games. turns out this magical partner is none other than myself. I bowled 5 games in 45 minutes. Oh, and another thing....I bowled a 210! I made a strike or spare on every frame except one. I hit 5 or 6 strikes...cant remember. It was simply amazing...and wonderful. I loved it. then, I went and played Rampage World Tour for about 10 minutes also. I love that game.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I really like how open you are on here... it makes me feel like I got the chance to talk to you in person :-)