Monday, January 12, 2009

Man, I have come a long way

Yesterday was Sunday. Many people in this country spend Sunday morning at church. Ask them "why?" more than twice, and they probably wont have an answer. Its just something they have done since they can remember and will continue to do...lemmings. What things are there in your life that you do, without thinking about them? What do you repeat? If you really dug down and asked yourself why you do these things, is there an answer? Will you continue to do these things, now that you have thought about them? Are you wasting time?


On a sort of unrelated notes (except that its talking about church), I went to church yesterday. I went to a new church called Sojourn, here in Charlotte. It is actually being held in the movie theatre where my current church used to meet. So, I went to check it out. It was very similar to the church I go to (Mosaic), just less polished, and newer. their premise was that this was a church for imperfect people. I liked the concept, but I really feel like any genuine church should have this in their core design anyway (and many in the area do). So, then I wonder, why don't they find a church that already does this and use their energy and ability to move further....instead of starting from scratch and competing.


I didn't like it as much as mosaic, so part way through, i left and went to mosaic. So, yes, i went to two churches in one day. I can remember a time when I didn't want to go to one church... ever! And now, I am going to two churches in one day! Next thing you know, i will be selling all i own, giving the money to the poor, and start wandering away asking others how i can help them. That'll be the day...

1 comment:

JoshuaConverse said...

I still get nervous in Church.