Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 1- Locked up for 3 days

They made it clear that once we entered the facility, there was no going back. Anything we left in our lockers would be out of our reaches for 3 days. I kind of feel like a scientist going into the biosphere.

In case I haven't told you, I found a medical study to participate in. The money is really good and the study is for an Alzheimer's medication. The ad was on the back of a Creative Loafing, right near the add for "Smoke Pot, Get Paid." I am hoping that since the medicine is for Alzheimer's, and my memory is fine, i will end up with a super-memory.

I came in this morning at 9 am, having fasted since 10 pm (yes, i had to skip what would normally be 2nd dinner). Then, we had to get all our tests done, so it wasn't until 11am that i was able to eat breakfast. Exactly two eggs, two pieces of bacon, strawberries with whip cream, and a glass of OJ later, I felt better. As I write this, I smile at the EKG sticky patches that spot my wrists, ankles, and chest. I feel like I could be hooked to the Matrix. We are supposed to leave them on the entire time we are here. I also have an ID bracelet (in case i escape and get picked up) and a bracelet with a combination on it, to my locker, in case they find my body and want to get into the combination lock that was issued to me.

The EKG thought my heart rate was sub-50 BPM, which is crazy low. The nurse asked me if I was a triathlete, but i heard her ask if I was a superhero. So, I said, "not yet."

Lunch has arrived from the outside world. I sort of feel like I am in prison, but a really nice prison. We all are wearing the same maroon scrubs and we are sleeping in a large room. Its like adult penitentiary camp....but we get paid!

More later. Tell all your friends.

No comments: