Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 1- ending

It is definately a mixture of low security prison, mental hospital, and self-admitted rehab (Authors Note: I havent experienced any of these in person, but from what I have seen in the movies, which i believe to be true, it is very similar here). I spent a lare portion of time (i.e. more than 20 minutes) looking out a window today. I spent much of the other time reading, eating, and sleeping. Its life as simple as AmeriCorps, but it pays more, but it is less fulfilling and we arent allowed to exercise.

Apparently, my EKG stickers were not in the correct places, so they had to tear some of them from my chest (they are crazy sticky!) and I believe they took with them some skin, some chest hair, and maybe even a little bit of my soul. It hurt. Then they reapplied them, hopefully correctly now.

I havent taken any medication yet. We get dosed tomorrow apparently. They have been feeding us pretty well, but in single sittings. Tomorrow, our meals will be exactly spaced. We dont get to snack or eat meals between meals, so i take longer and make sure to eat all the food given to me. Without exercise though, it just makes me lethargic. We'll see how much longer I have an appettite without exercise. Maybe I will do some pushups when nobody is looking.

There seems to be quite the social drama group working here. Since I have a tendancy to sit in the corner and read, I am able to be a fly on the wall and listen as the women gossip and talk about who isnt doing what because they have no clue how to do their job, and if they are not carefull the good Dr. will let them go. Apparently, the boss around here is quite the stickler for doiug things by procedure. this makes sense to me though, since we are getting huge checks given to each of us to test a drug with tons of market opportunity. I can imagine that whoever hired this facility out to run this test has quite the bankroll.

Lights out at 11 pm....which means we actually are forced to go to sleep. A guy sitting next to me remarked how camp-like this place is. Dosing for me is at 8:35 am, so off to lay in bed.

Patient WDR #208

No comments: