Thursday, October 25, 2012

Is it Christmas yet?


Time is flying...until you stop to think about it.  My roommate has been living with me less than a month.  Or at least he has only given me one rent check so far.  Its strange.  The weeks sort of fly by, but they just aren't adding up. 

5) trainin'. bikin', and whatever else there is

Last Friday I mountain biked.  Mondays have become 2 hours of Jiu-Jitsu days.  Tuesday nights are soccer league.  Wednesdays are 1 hour Jiu-Jitsu, 1 hour-ish of running (prepping for a half marathon in a few weeks...ughh).  Thursdays are a day to do some work I have been putting off since Monday.  or work on my house days.  Fridays are "fun days" for cycling, mountain biking, or whatever else doesn't really seem like training...but actually is basically training.  the gaps have been getting filled in with small crafts too (cutting glass bottles, making plant towers, concrete HyperTuffa planters, etc.).  When I want to relax, I attack the string.  Made a lot of progress last week.  Not so much this week.  If you want some string, message me! (it apparently is the string used to pull electrical wire through conduit.  chimney guy told me this). 

Weekends have been busy too.  Lots of workin' on the house.  the occasional standard social diversion.  Went to see the panthers lose last weekend...rapidly becoming a Charlotte tradition. 



At one point during the week, I ate all of this at once. That's a half pound of bacon, a full pound (at least) of sweet potato, and some other peppers and garlic.




 

6) magic eraser

I have rediscovered the beauty of the magic eraser.  It is especially nice since there are quite a few random stains, streaks, scuffs, and other markings throughout my 60 year old house.  So, I have been spot cleaning, 5-10 minutes at a time everyday.  It helps me to feel like I am getting things done, without actually having to devote a lot of time to it.  and of course, everything looks better after you have magically erased it.

7) raise the roof!

Demolition started last weekend.  I am tearing out the wood/ cardboard panelling, ceiling, and nicotine/ fiberglass insulation in my shed.  I am doing one giant garbage can's worth a week.  Once I get it cleared out, I will assess the structure, replace some studs here and there, and begin to figure out how I will chop the roof off, build the walls taller, and reinstall some surface to keep water out but let light in.  Then, I can turn it into a lofted storage and sleeping space.  B&B anyone?   

8) Little Brother

Jahkeem ended up not making it last weekend.  Trying again this weekend.  To Be continued... 



Next time...
  8) Little Brother?
9) porch before she gets home!
10) check out my new driveway
11) more pictures from the superphone!


No comments: