Friday, October 19, 2012

She is basically almost done

Using my highly experienced skills at rounding (I can round up from both below and above 0.5), I have pretty much rounded up enough to tell myself that Hannah is basically almost done with NCCC. I mean realistically, now that fall is here, its pretty much almost Thanksgiving, which means that its basically already Christmas, which means that the year is over. Once the new year starts, we really are getting close to spring, which means a two month non-stop middle school soccer season from late march to early may. Then once that's over, it will be summer, at the end of which Hannah will be graduating from NCCC and getting her Presidential Service Award (maybe congressional too if they mess up). Like I said...when you really look at it, she basically is almost done.



Which means, if I want to get anything done in my free time, I need to get to it.



3) The String

One of the things I have been focusing some energy on lately is the string. One day, a contractor was driving down my road with a bunch of string in the back of his truck. The part that was tied to a metal weight fell off, and the truck proceeded to drag the line out, all the way to the end of the road. We are talking somewhere between a half mile and mile of string. It was bizarre. It took roughly a day of normalcy before the middle school kids who walk on the road began to mess with it. Eventually it ended up in a concentrated mess near my house. Being the opportunist that I am (HEY! FREE STRING!), I went and got it and dragged it up into my yard. There it has sat for about 3 weeks. I have been sporadically un-knotting and winding it, an hour at a time, here and there. Pretty soon I will have enough usable, wound string to rule the world...or to at least tie up a super sweet stick sculpture in my backyard for the birds to play on.



4) rappellin!

Besides messin' with the string, have been pushing hard (i.e. facebook spamming) to raise enough money $1000) for the special Olympics. I saw on a billboard that if you raised that much, you could rappel off of the VUE. The VUE is a twice-foreclose upon, semi-finished, barely occupied glass high rise in uptown Charlotte. Rappelling is a lot like sliding down a rope using technology that prevents you from burning your hands or falling to certain doom should you choose to let go.

SPOILER:   I made my goal.  I rappelled off the VUE.  We then went back up to the top and looked around in some of the un-sold units.  see pictures below.  see altitude pictures at this link.  thanks everyone for the support.
http://specialolympicsnc.smugmug.com/Fundraisers/2012-Over-The-Edge-Charlotte/25977505_qbn6SH#!i=2155850094&k=3xMsZfW




Enjoy the view...errr, VUE. (I had high aspirations of making any great jokes involving VUE and view...but alas, I came up with nothing). 



4) runnin' in 5 weeks!
Well, that was last week actually.  I think now I have only 4 weeks to prepare and run 13.1 miles.  My original goal was to maybe keep going and do a full 26.2, but being realistic, I doubt I can do that.  While I am good at rounding, when it comes to running, that's not a helpful skill. 


Next time:

5) trainin'. bikin', and whatever else there is
6) magic eraser
7) raise the roof!
8) Little Brother
9) porch before she gets home!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Spot on logic if you ask me.