Monday, October 09, 2006

Beach Weekend!

Last weekend was spent soaking up the sun and sand in lovely Charleston, SC. Well, actually we did go to Charleston, but there wasnt really any sun. Saturday after work, we basically got in our car and drove south. It was lightly raining off and on all day saturday, so we were glad to get out of here. Unfortunately, the rain was off and on all the way down to SC, and all the way to the beach. Night one of swimming and fun at the beach was cancelled due to inclement weather. It wasnt all a bust though, as myself, Steve, and Tak were privelidged enough to spend the evening with the lovely Jenny and even lovelier Bria (two VISTAs from my PSO in the ATL). There was much laughter and mischief once the lights went out and we all reverted back to the 4th grade.

The next day was sure to be full of blue sky and sunshine. Of course, that meant that it wasnt. The 3 of us left Bria to get rest and get better (she was a little sick with the Bubonic Plague) and went to eat breakfast with Blue 6. Uncle Leroi got to meet the entire team, and then they promptly left to do an ISP. So, we stayed and finished off their leftovers and did some dishes. Then it was to Charleston city to wander the market and cobblestone streets. The afternoon brought with it a relaxing Scorcesi Film (The Departed). Not to ruin the movie for you, but everyone dies. Typical for him. Last nights dinner was held at the Cantina under the hotel on Isle of Palms. Post dinner plans were again going to be swimming, but a much worse storm came and showed crazy lightening.

The lightening actually proved to be much better to watch than another movie, so Bria and I sat on her porch and watched 8-10 branch lightening bolts dance across the sky. It was amazing. I have never seen so many branches in my life. Unfortunately the frequency wasnt enough to make picture taking possible.

Today was our last day in Charleston. Bria went into the record books as being officially my third model. I got one good picture with Kat (first model) and maybe 5 good ones with Brianne. Hopefully I got some good ones with Bria, but I dont have my hopes high. The lighting was bad today and my batteries ran out. Oh well. We did find a wonderfully shady glenn on base with super old live oaks.

Back to work tommorrow. I am only working 2 days this week, because I am working the other 5 at the NASCAR race, hopefully making a bunch of money. So, Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be superbusy.

love y'all,
--Leroi

No comments: