Friday, October 20, 2006

More Mold Please

So, I may have mentioned that I got to go under one of our houses a few weeks back and do some mold treatment. As a follow up to that incident, I placed a call to the people in charge of the crawlspace to find out what else should be done. They suggested that I:

1. buy one of those white painters suits (Tyvek)
2. buy a real GOOD respirator
3. get a wire brush
4. crawl under the house and brush it all down and then remove it from the crawl

Well, I had experience doing this, so it was going to be quite familiar to me, kind of like being back in the good 'ol NCCC again. I didnt want to relive the moment, but it was nice to have previous experience, knowing what it would be like.

Then, he called me back and told me that he would send his guys in to do the job instead. Even better.

Ever noticed how listening to the Counting Crows either validates your sadness and makes you feel better or it makes me feel better because you dont feel the same way they do? Either way, it seems sad music does the trick. Just like the lady I worked with at the speedway last week. She was always seeming so mad, that whenever I saw her I couldnt help but laugh and be glad I wasnt her. I told her this, and of course she smiled and together we laugh at her sullen mood. She gave me the finger to, through the mirror while smiling, as a joke. She wasnt my server though, so I didnt have to worry about her mood effecting my tips.

I drank a bunch of free champagne that night. It mixes quite well with tea, but not so well with carrying large trays of expensive glassware.

--DAlen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is the only way we know what you are up to. Keeping busy here, Allee and August in school now. Nice because I have a chance to check the waves 3 mornings a week.
Nice break after 4 years.

Any wave catching in your area lately?

Love you. Rice's in CA.