Thursday, November 03, 2005

AmeriCorps wants you!

I keep having dreams about people I know and how I try to convince them to join AmeriCorps. I am thinking about being a team leader (TL) next year, which would end up making my service time basically 2 years instead of 1. The thing is though, I do miss my friends. At the same time I do feel myself being changed by the power of service. The sermon last sunday at church was also another one that seemed directed at me. "You cant be great unless you serve." Being great also seems less and less like a goal so much as it is a journey, someplace that I would always be moving towards but no final destination. But seriously, y'all should join AmeriCorps. NCCC is the specific program that I am in, so search the internet to find out more info about and go ahead and fill out an application. You arent allowed to be on my team, but I am sure there is someway that I could coerce or convince someone to happen to slip your paper in my pile, so that maybe i could be your TL.

Rene is getting married! I got my invite today, and am super happy for her. It looks like I will be in Lexington, KY (dont i have family there?) during the wedding, so i have to figure out a way to get there. (Rene, I'll RSVP soon!)

Today we worked on more relief kits for effected people. It does to feel good to see all the aid that is being funneled and sent to where its needed. Tommorrow, we will probably work outside some more. Saturday, it looks like myself and a few others will be doing an individual service project (ISP) at the local childrens hospital.

Emery was playing in concert with He is Legend tonight, here in LR. It was going to be an amazing christian hardcore concert, but alas it sold out and i was going to buy a ticket at the door. Oh well, next week we will be seing Against Me! and we are going to buy tix in advance.

Goodnight for now,

--DAlen

3 comments:

René said...

Hey Dalen - Glad you got the invite (designed them myself). I just posted a photo from my bridal portrait session on my blog - so be sure to check it out.

Miss you...

Anonymous said...

we miss you.

check out the preacher gary website if you're ever interested and have the time.

Andrew said...

Yeah, Rene's wedding, I hate to be missing that. I hear you sent me an invite though, so thanks Rene! Given the state of mail here, I may not have the RSVP in on time, so my apologies. Keep up the good work Dalen, and if I weren't in Tanzania, I'd so join Americorps.