Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Movember!

First off...old business.  A few posts back I mentioned I was going to talk more about my driveway project and about my porch project.  Well, i moved on and never mentioned them, and nobody seemed to really notice.  I never did take any pictures of the "new" driveway, but it looks much better.  Well, it looks blacker and newer because it has a new layer of seal on it.  As for the porch...well, no progress has been made on that front.  The threat still remains though.  If I don't build the porch around the holly bush BEFORE Hannah gets back to NC, then she is going to try and force  me to cut it down and build a porch over its dead and burnt remains.  Yes, she hates holly and all things living and plant like and if she had her way she would pave over my yard and cut all my trees down.  So, i must preserve the plants before she can stop at nothing to destroy them!  (anyone believing she is a villain yet?  yeah...prob not.  she is afterall donating a year of her life to serving others...maybe even two.  yeah...she's awesome.)

Onto new business...its Movember.  I watched an awesome TED video about Men's Health and mustaches and the Movember Movement.  It was inspirational enough to get me to grow a mustache.  And along it has come!

http://www.ted.com/talks/adam_garone_healthier_men_one_moustache_at_a_time.html

 

 


And now there are just a few days left.  I will be excited to see it go.  Its getting a little crazy.  Its long...not thick...long.  And it feels weird.  And it captures food!  I don't need anything capture food growing on my face!

And it okay really....because I don't need a mustache to show I am manly.  A little over a week ago I ran a 13.1 miles.  Not only did I run that far...which is silly far...I ran it more than 10 minutes faster than last time.  I was smokin' the last few miles and almost finished sub-2 hours.  Now I have to decide if my new goal is sub-2 hours or to run for another 2 hours...and do the full deal, for real! 


Before

After (yes...those are armsleeves)
After a lazy post-race weekend, I inherited some dogs to watch.  A friend of mine was dealing with the true chaos of thanksgiving and family and dogs and babies.  So, he asked if I could, and I said yes, and he released his hounds into my life.  Its interesting having things that really rely on you for life.  you have to plan your whole life around them.  I presume its like having kids, which means i am certainly not ready to do that just yet.


 
After thanksgiving weekend was over, the dogs went home and peace returned.  Since Thanksgiving was over, that meant time for Christmas preparation!  For me this meant....

1) Decorating-  using the pine tree in my front yard, some sticks from my backyard, some hemp from my drawer, and some zip ties to make it stronger, i built a wreath. 


Combined with the green light bulb out front, I'm done decorating
  2) Fire Wood- thanks to a generous donation, I now have enough firewood to last me through the nuclear winter.  Oh man am I excited to have some fires! 

3) the table...oh my goodness!!   THE TABLE- 
I got a bunch of people (4) coming to Christmas.  This means I have to finish my table project ASAP!  Luckily, it is really really getting close to completion now.  I know I have told many people many times that I am almost done...but for real now, its almost done.  Oh and it looks awesome.  Just like i imagined. 



that's it for now.  As always...read Hannah's blog.  Read my blog.  COMMENTS COMMENTS COMMENTS!

Love you and seasons greetings.
DAlen


1 comment:

Cynthia and Keith said...

Thank you for posting. We love the updates! Also, we are so looking forward to seeing you at Christmas...:)

Love you!