Sunday, December 14, 2008

Girl in the NCCC sweatshirt

Today, I was at the mall and I saw a girl wearing an NCCC sweatshirt. It made me feel kind of warm and fuzzy inside. My first impulse was to walk right up to her and start talking to her. Then I doubted myself, and thought that would be weird. So, then I thought for a long time about what to say to start a conversation. Finally, after walking around the store multiple times watching her from a distance, I realized that I was even creeping myself out and I gave up on the plan, which actually never existed.

Sometimes I really feel like my life is being guided or coerced in a certain direction. When I saw this girl, I was feely a little depressed and lonely, and just seeing her sweatshirt made me happier, and I also realized that things will work out.

As you may or may not know, recently I lost my job (at Carrier) and my girlfriend. I was planning on being with Carrier and Nicole both into the foreseeable future. Coincidently, my church just started a series called Blues. I actually missed the first sermon because I planned to go with Nicole to a different church I thought she was going to feel more at home in. We went, and it didnt work. Of course it didnt matter, because she is gone. So, since I didnt have a reason to not go back to my original church (Mosaic), I attended. Blues is about finding true joy, even in rough times. Basically, they must have hired a private eye to see where I was, and then they created a series to help me, personally. It seems like this coincidently happens a lot to me.

And one final stand alone statement in closeing:
One of the great thing about the Blues series is an intro with a guy and his guitar, where he says that, with a small correction or adjustment of your fingers, the Blues turns into a happy and good song.

No comments: