Friday, December 26, 2008

no comments? anyone out there?

I thought for sure my last post would receive some feedback. I guess nobody out there is actually reading this...yes, some might call it garbage. Either way, it allows me to delete the info from my brain so i can reformat every so often. Probably will be doing that for the new year, what with the crappy ending of '08...

But, seriously speaking my life has been pretty good. I may have mentioned this already, but I really do feel it. Just by being able to sit at this computer I have more wealth than most people will ever get in their lifetime, and by being able to type on a blog, i have more freedom than all of China.

And I really do feel as though my life has some sort of large guidance to it. I think providence is the word for it. As I am sorting things out and trying to figure out where to go post-Nicole, I find that there are a lot of things that are aiding me. Strangely, these are things that were already around as well. Three of the most prevalent (meaning that I have noticed the most) are listed below:

Music
Wow...so all the heavy emo I listen to is about people thinking their lives are over now that their girlfriend has broken up with them. Overactive i think. It definitely keeps me grounded, seeing that they aren't. So, then i put on some hip hop/ R&B. All the girls sing about how they miss their boyfriends and the guys sing about missing their girlfriends too. Leona Lewis (sp?) has a song who's core principle is "it will all get better in time." I had heard this song many times before, but it really seemed to make more sense to me and where I am at now. Then, I turn the station and hear some ridiculous Ludacris song, and my spirit is lifted. Or I hear Lil' Wayne sing about how all his friends are dead, and I remember that I am blessed.

Church
Immediately following Nicole's departure, Mosaic had a series called "Blues." It was about the hardships life throws at us, and it was about finding true joy, not the kind that leaves along with your girlfriend. I couldn't believe how fitting it was. Now, I am throwing myself into small groups as well, and I really feel like maybe this is for the better. Maybe had lost a little bit of touch with God, having relied more on a relationship to provide what it couldn't, fulfillment.

Friends
Posting a relationship change or a status update on facebook really brings 'em out of the woodwork. You find out who is watching you, and who is watching over you, and who will help in whatever way they can, even if they are in Minnesota. I have also reconnected with many of my older friends, just to sort of tap them for knowledge about their experiences. They have lent their many ears to my self-pity, and in so doing allowed me to hear myself. Then, I can, again, put things in real perspective. I have great friends...friends i consider family. Someday when I have found a way to get rich (and found a way to do it biblically), I will buy you all amazing things. I promise.

In the mean time, Happy New Year!

No comments: